Language: 中文 | ENG
Home > Consular Services > Consular


The Consular Section of the Embassy is responsible for the issuance of passports, visas and authentication of documents for use in The Bahamas or foreign Countries. The Embassy is also responsible for the registration of and giving assistance to Bahamians living, studying, visiting and/or incarcerated in the Asia/Pacific region.

How can the Consular Section help you?

The Consular Section can:
•    Provide you with general information and advice;
•    Issue you with a regular Bahamian passport if you reside overseas;
•    Issue you with an emergency travel document if you have lost your Bahamas passport while traveling overseas;
•    Contact your relatives or friends to request them to send you emergency funds for your repatriation or other necessary     emergency expenses;
•    Notify your next-of-kin in the event you are injured abroad;
•    Notify your next-of-kin in the event of your arrest or detention, (if you want us to);
•    Visit a Bahamian citizen who has been arrested or imprisoned and monitor that due process under the judicial system     of that country is accorded to him or her;
•    Assist in making the arrangements for the return to The Bahamas of the remains and personal belongings of a     deceased Bahamian overseas;
•    Help you make necessary arrangements during emergencies such as natural disasters or civil disorder in a foreign     country;
•    Authenticate Bahamian legal documents for use in a foreign country;
•    Authenticate foreign legal documents for use in The Bahamas.

Please note that the Consular Section seeks to offer help which is appropriate to the individual circumstances of each case.

What can the Consular Section not do?

•    Pay any bills or give you money (in very exceptional circumstances we may lend you some money, from public funds,     which you will have to repay);
•    Post bails or pay fines on your behalf;
•    Intervene in the judicial process of a foreign country or ignore local laws;
•    Intervene in or act as an intermediary in disputes which are of a civil nature;
•    Provide legal advice or initiate court proceedings on your behalf;
•    Act as your guarantor or sponsor;
•    Arrange for your accommodation or for your work;
•    Provide translation, mail-forwarding, telephone, fax/telex or other personal services;
•    Get you out of prison or prevent the local authorities from deporting you after your prison sentence;
•    Help you enter a country, for example, if you do not have a visa or your passport is not valid, as we cannot interfere in     another country’s immigration policy or procedures.

Note: It is a requirement that you report the loss of your passport to the local police and furnish a copy of this report when applying for a replacement document.

All Bahamians are asked to register with the nearest Bahamian mission or Honorary Consul so that you can be contacted in the event of an emergency.